History and Background
The Ulceby War Memorial is prominently situated in the centre of the village on the A1077 road at the cross roads of Spruce Lane, High Street, Front Street and Abbey Road.
The Memorial is of a classic stepped plynth style surmounted by a tapered column and ornate crown with slate inscription tablets on three sides of the plynth.
It is flanked by one flag pole and set against a modern retaining wall about one metre high. The whole is enclosed within wrought iron railings.
The memorial and site are well maintained and the site is secure.
Also commemorated by a plaque on this site are the crews of two Avro Lancaster bombers from 103 Sq. and 576 Sq. at Elsham Wolds which collided over the village on the 16th Dec 1943.
The memorial was unveiled by Major Lord Worsley on the 7th November 1920 and the dedication was performed by the local clergy with local dignitaries and people in attendance.